Version 1.4.2 (05-10-2022)
- Form doesn't open automatically anymore when creating an item.
- Users can click on the canvas (if they click outside of any object) to close the right side panel.
- Double-click to open form was not working optimal on windows for users with a track pad.
- Removed configuration option "show tooltips". Tooltips are always shown.
- It is now impossible to place more than one natural lineage on a person.
- Added a link to the trainings under the 'Help' menu.
- "Doodgeboren" is now "Stilgeboren" in dutch locale.
- Improved the checking of keys for encrypted genograms.
- Application would log user out on certain errors related to subscription checking
- Removed inverse coloring of certain items in people. It uses the same color scheme as the rest.
- Creating relations, relationships, lineage and systems via the "quick" way (selecting multiple items) through the contextual menu allowed the user to create double items.
- Under certain conditions, when pasting items, the items would have a wrong offset.
- It was possible to create empty systems using the contextual menu.
- When opening genograms with attributes the document would be marked as "changed" after opening.
- There were typo's in the labels for captions in the forms (dutch locale).
- Opening genograms by double-clicking on the attachment in an email in Windows Mail didn't work in certain cases.
Version 1.4.1 (08-04-2022)
- Show drag widgets on arrows in "points" mode, so the user can also move the end points in this mode.
- Improvements to layout of contextual menu.
- The save reminder was appearing twice when quitting application without saving.
- Copy/paste was broken in text fields.
- Copy/paste didn't work when accessed from the contextual menu.
- It was impossible to move end points of arrows.
- Dragging the end point would trigger moving the entire arrow.
- Solved an error related to authentication that would crash the application.
- Arrows had an invisible inner "click surface".
- Some of the checkboxes in the preferences panel "Application" were unresponsive.
Version 1.4.0 (01-03-2022)
- Added arrows tool, a way to easily draw arrows in the genogram. Arrows can be broken op in segments like relations.
- Added person type: "Non-binary"
- Added relation type: "Caretaker"
- Added relation type: "Foster care"
- Added relationship type: "Donor"
- Added snap to guides when moving a single item (and pressing the alt key).
- Added snap to guides when resizing an item (and pressing the alt key).
- Added snap to guides when offsetting a relationship (and pressing the alt key).
- Changed the look of lineage type "Donor" to fit the relationship of the same type.
- Changed the look of lineage type "Foster care" to fit the relation of the same type.
- A user on an M1 mac running the Intel version is presented with an upgrade dialog.
- When people are hidden, related items (such as relations, relationships and lineages) are also hidden.
- When a person that is a part of a system is hidden, the system is drawn without the said person. The shape of the system adapts accordingly.
- The objects panel show the the blocked eye icon if objects are invisible on the canvas. Objects that are selected are always visible on the canvas.
- The system form shows the visibility of the people in the system.
- In the items panel, when you hover over an item, it is highlighted on the canvas.
- Arrows and legends can be moved to the foreground layer.
- It is now possible to add new points to shapes in points mode.
- In point mode, when hovering over people/relationships/lineages they will increase line size.
- When moving a relation or arrow with embedded points, the points are also moved with the relation/arrow.
- The tour window shows the title "Tour Roots of Me" instead of "New genogram".
- The last canvas message will stay visible for a full 5 seconds, even if other messages override each other.
- For the sake of simplicity and ease of use the content of textboxes is now only editable via the form.
- When an item appear in two or more layers and one of the layers are hidden, the item will always be hidden.
- Systems are now transparent to allow them to overlap.
- The canvas isn't obscured by the toolbar anymore.
- All buttons are using a slightly calmer color.
- Symbols on relations will appear at the middle point in case of odd number of points. The rotation of the points is the angle between the two people.
- Improved rendering of icons in selected legend objects.
- Groups show a list of items they contain. You can also remove items from groups with this panel.
- In the visibilities panel you can now hide/show sexualities.
- When placing items outside of the canvas, even if no resizing happened, the message "Minimum canvas size reached" would be shown.
- Under certain circumstances the app windows would loose focus and be sent to the background on windows.
- When editing with the editor and pressing ctrl+a/cmd+a (select all), all items on the canvas would be selected. It should select all text in the editor.
- When clicking the color picker for a certain category, all the categories would open a color picker.
- In the properties panel children, siblings, parents and partners would still be shown even if they were invisible.
- On windows, when entering sleep mode, license checking would fail.
- Invisible multiples (added to an invisible layer) were shown on the canvas
- Added debug info on the canvas for development (enabled by a compiler flag)
- Removed usage of debounce when possible.
- Refactor micro timings.
- Improve editor focus check.
- Custom genogram labels only save to the genogram if they are changed.
- Remove window size hook
- Improved user authentication code.
- Improved the "space evenly" function in the contextual menu. You space people that are not from the same parental relationship, and also include other positional items.
- Improved the "make multiples" function in the contextual menu. It is now possible to include non-binary and intersex people in multiples.
- Shutdown and startup of the app was improved.
- The two preliminary windows for accepting the terms and choosing whether to submit diagnostic information would not update their content until a blur event happened.
- On windows the tour message would appear behind the home window.
- When closing the tour dialog with the close button without selecting "yes", the tour would still start.
- The authentication system did not take the trial period or the grace period into account.
- Improved interface and feedback on subscription validation problems.
- In the "metadata" section of the genogram settings, when showing the encryption key, the text will be auto-selected. When the text field loses focus, it will hide itself.
- Improved information/feedback when (re-)encrypting/decrypting genograms. All actions have to be confirmed, to avoid users unintentionally encrypting/decrypting genograms.
- Added random name generator for creating demo genograms in development.
- Collapsibles retain their open or closed state.
- Use the "grab" instead of the "move" icon and improve cursor appearance.
- Importing attributes is adds the imported attributes to the genogram instead of replacing the existing attributes.
- Selecting items now only works when the "select" tool is active.
- Double-clicking on items to open the edit form now only works when the "select" tool is active.
- Offsetting items (relationships/lineages only) only works when the "select" tool is active.
- Clicking on an empty part of the canvas while drawing (relations/relationships) cancels the drawing.
- In certain cases, users would be logged out on application restart.
- Copying the encryption key from the "metadata" section in the genogram settings was broken because of tightened security in chromium.
- In some cases the export to PDF would fail.
- The legend would show invisible items and attributes.
- The collapsible would close without reason in certain situations.
- In "view" mode, people would move when clicked and dragged.
- Creating multiples was possible with mixed natural and non-natural children.
- Inverting non hex colors would create an error. It will now just generate the default color, and log to the console.
- The symbol on relation type "Love" did not rotate properly.
- When clicking alt+cmd/ctrl before selecting relation type it would not create double directionality when drawing the relation.
- When drawing a relation/relationship, these items would end up orphaned (unconnected) when changing tool before finishing drawing.
- When closing a genogram with changes the user is presented with the save reminder dialog. In some cases, when choosing the "save" option, this dialog would be shown twice.
- Updated dependencies.
- Various refactors.
- Removed all usages of the remote module.
- The remote module is a security concern and is deprecated/removed in newer versions electron.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Improved some confirm dialogs.
- Responsive toolbar, tabs, and top panel tools for smaller screen sizes (< 620px height). On bigger screen sizes (> 620px) the normal tools are shown.
- Minimum width of 500px for genogram windows.
- Minimum height of 500px for genogram windows.
- Rendering of relationship start and end date improved.
- Added "Unknown" to "create partner" submenu.
- The login form would show the wrong login error in certain cases.
- The contextual menu would show "stillborn son" and "stillborn daughter" in the "create partner" submenu.
- "Show all/Hide all" button in the legend tab didn't work.
- Use .svg logo instead of .png logo.
- The "open form automatically" feature is disabled by default. It can still be enabled from the preferences.
- A notification is shown when saving genograms.
- New logo for in the "contact support" form.
- If you create a new person on top of a lineage that has a loose endpoint, the person will be connected to the lineage.
- If you drag a person that is not connected to a lineage onto a lineage without a connected person, the person will be connected to that lineage.
- Instructions for genogram encryption.
- It was not possible to delete points.
- When creating a lineage with no person attached (loose endpoint), the properties symbol would be placed in the wrong place.
- When creating custom legends for relations, they were not displayed everywhere (dropdowns, properties, legend tab, multi form).
- The Application User Model ID is now properly set on windows.
- The notarization process uses the never "notarytool" utility from Apple.
- Improvements to the flow for new users on the home screen:
- Added "log in" button
- Added "start subscription" button
- The home screen shows if you:
- are in the trial period
- are not logged in
- have no subscription
- New relation type: Divorce. Can be used instead of the identical relationship. Visually the relation break happens between the parents, not the children.
- Attributes can now be added to stillborn children.
- All relations can now be broken. This is shown visibly on the canvas as well.
- Points on relations have a more intuitive position, they are drawn absolute.
- Improvements to selection in view mode (double-click to select and open properties)
- The default legend can be customized for relations.
- Improvements to the preferences dialog
- The support ticket form has changed name to "contact support". You can now also post questions through this form.
- You can now submit more support tickets.
- Added logged in state to the support ticket form
- When selecting shapes the background color is also shown as selected color. This is more obvious and it is similar functionality as used in systems.
- Added improvements to the contextual menu:
- Added options to quickly start drawing relations and relationships (just like lineages)
- When two people are selected and you use the above mentioned functionality the relation/relationship/lineage will be created between the two selected people.
- When starting drawing the above mentioned elements, they will be sticky to relevant objects (f.ex a lineage is sticky to people etc.)
- When a user reveals the password in the login form by using the eye button next to it, it is hidden when submitting the form.
- Performance improvements
- When hiding groups with selected items, the selected items will still show as opaque until deselected. The same applies for currently drawing items.
- Changed default editor block type from paragraph to normal line.
- The editor toolbar is inactive when the cursor focus is not in the textbox form.
- The editor toolbar block type dropdown shows the visual appearance of the different block types.
- When hiding a custom layer that includes the currently selected item, that item will still be shown, but more opaque to indicate that it's group has been hidden.
- When the end date of a relationship was not filled, but the start date was, the end date would be shown as '?'. This suggests a bad quality of the relationship and has been removed.
- Multiples (twins, triplets, etc.) that are already made identical or non-identical can be changed to the opposite via the contextual menu.
- Genogram windows now correctly remember their mode (edit/view/preview).
- Corrected an error message in the login form that would not disappear even after a successful login.
- When auto-cropping the canvas, open ended lineages would move their end point.
- When auto-cropping the canvas, relations with pivot points would move their points.
- When copy-pasting lineages with a one free endpoint (not connected to a person or a relationship) the free points was not moved with the rest of the content.
- When copy-pasting relations with pivot points, the pivot points was not moved with the relation.
- The login form would not show the first request error message.
- The scale slider in the person form would only receive focus on second click.
- In special cases, when emptying a text field, the field would not respond to the change.
- When undoing movements of points the data would be corrupted.
- Transparent textbox border would also make the text transparent.
- The "content changed" state in the genogram window title (*) would change when the meta/ctrl keys were pressed.
- Undo/Redo shortcut keys would sometime stop working on windows.
- In preview mode, systems and textboxes could still be selected.
- The error message in the login form would never disappear. It should disappear when the user presses the login button.
- Checkbox lists in the form for multiple items were not working properly.
- Upgraded dependencies.
- Various performance optimizations.
- Various interface improvements.
- Textual improvements.
- Relations support double directionality (none, single or double).
- Attributes can be exported or imported to an external file (.gaf) for reuse in other genogram or organisation wide.
- For companies we now have simplified license checking. We support a separate company mode, where users don't have to log in with their own login. This is primarily for companies with flex
workstations or roaming profiles. Also we give the option of a configurable end date of the trial period, so that the trial period ends uniformly for the entire organisation.
- The possibility to open url with the custom protocol 'gng://'. This will enable closer integration with browsers.
- Select and open multiple genograms from the open file dialog.
- Improved the sales funnel with a direct link on the home screen ("Start subscription").
- The home screen shows remaining time of the trial period.
- Removed the setting "Revert to pointer" from preferences and made it the default.
- Fixes a bug where (under certain conditions) opening a genogram file and upgrading to newer format would fail.
- Fixes a bug where the encryption warning would not be shown a second time.
- Fixes a bug where clicking the hide/show button inside a collapsible would close the collapsible.
- Fixes a bug where a genogram window would have a "dead" area (not updating), until the user resizes.
- Fixes a bug where categories were not migrated to the new format.
- Fixes a bug where custom groups would not be shown in any of the "view" modes.
- Better release integration with the website.
- More efficient usage of and better separation of the stores.
- Remove ability to "break" relationships as it conflicts with the relationship types. Users should use types "Separation", "Legal separation", "Divorce" or "Nullity".
- Textual changes.
- Icon for .gaf files.
- Unifying all modes of the app under one project in Sentry.
- We now build native versions for Apple M1 processors (arm64).
- This processer is used in the Apple computers released in the last quarter of 2020 and later.
- Improved speed and manageability of the build.
- Upgraded to webpack 5.
- Canvas always autosizes.
- Increased maximum genogram width and height to 100000 pixels.
- Added messages when the minimum and maximum size reached.
- Increased the canvas message visible time to be 5 seconds instead of 1.5.
- Fixes a bug that caused the width and height numbers in the genogram form not to update when autosizing the genogram.
- Fixes a bug where the window title would not change when saving with another file name.
- Fixes a bug that would cause an error when doing undo / redo.
- Remove the obsolete "autosize" preference in the preferences dialog.
- Language improvements.
- Better trial period -> subscription -> subscription expiration flow and better feedback to the user when subscription checks fail.
- Improvements to error reporting for both platforms.
- Fixes a bug where all windows would close if the user has hidden the welcome screen (unchecked the check box 'Show tips on applications startup' and closes his first genogram window.
- Remove page breaks from word export.
- Canvas autosizes after undo/redo.
- Canvas autosizes when typing in textboxes (and when the feature is enabled in the preferences).
- Layout and text improvements to the consent dialog (consent for analytics).
- Interactive animation in the about box.
- Fix a bug that caused pdf export layout to be on two pages.
- Fix a bug that prevented users to close the consent dialog (consent for analytics) if they hadn't made a choice.
- Fix a bug where all items was selected when selecting all text in an active editor/textbox.
- Fix a bug where textboxes and legends would be autosized when exported.
- Fix a bug that would show an error dialog when quitting the application: "Object has been destroyed"
- Disabled uploading files and sending system info in the issues form.
- Test version now acts the same as the production version.
- All builds are now 64-bit exclusively.
- Improved first run flow stability
- Rearranged the 'points' step in the tour
- Dutch locale improvements.
- Use hotkey.js instead of mousetrap.js for hotkeys.
- Export to Word improvements (image fits the page).
- Copy/paste across different genograms.
- Dropdown menus in the text editor show the active used styles for the current text / block with checkmarks.
- Create standard ancestral tree (2-5 levels).
- Forgot password link on login form.
- Extract attributes from the 'Settings' panel to it's own tab panel.
- Add birth place field to people.
- Relations can now be double directional (two arrows) or single directional (one arrow).
- Splash screen while starting up the application.
- Splash screen while creating new genogram or opening genogram.
- Improvements to startup time/experience.
- Improvements to the password dialog and opening of encrypted genogram.
- Added changelog to the application.
- Fix a bug that created double ancestral trees.
- Fix a bug that would auto-size all the legends when opening a genogram with resized legends.
- Fix a bug that generated new encryption key for an encrypted genogram after successfully decrypting it.
- Fix a bug that caused the home window not to get focus on application startup.
- Fix a bug that caused an error in the tabs/panels when disabling the tooltips.
- Fix a bug that caused document to show as 'with changes' after saving.
- User can now save in 'edit' and 'preview' mode.
- Dutch locale improvements.
- Added changelog.
- Performance improvements.
- Improved functionality of copy/paste hotkeys vs. menu items.
- Validations and normalization functions are now memoized.
- Sign the build with an EV code signing certificate. Installation on windows is easier and more reliable.
- MSI installer available (Meant for unattended installs)